The Western Australian Ombudsman has a team of approximately 68 staff who provide a responsive, efficient and effective service to our clients, treating them professionally, courteously and with appropriate sensitivity.
The Corporate Executive
The Corporate Executive is comprised of:
- Chris Field, Ombudsman - Read about the Ombudsman
- Mary White, Deputy Ombudsman
- Principal Assistant Ombudsman, Investigations & Legal Services
- Principal Assistant Ombudsman, Executive Services
- Assistant Ombudsman, Administrative Improvements
- Assistant Ombudsman, Complaint Resolution
- Assistant Ombudsman, Investigations
- Assistant Ombudsman, Monitoring
- Assistant Ombudsman, Reviews
The Role of the Corporate Executive
The Corporate Executive’s role is to:
- Provide leadership to staff and model the Office’s values;
- Set and monitor the strategic direction of the Office and monitor and discuss emerging issues of relevance to the work of the Ombudsman;
- Monitor performance, set priorities and targets for future performance; and
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and corporate policies.
- The Complaint Resolution Team includes the Intake Team and the Early Resolution Team and has responsibility for handling enquiries, receiving and assessing complaints, and undertaking the early resolution of complaints, where appropriate, through informal investigations.
- The Administrative Improvement Team undertakes own motion investigations and other strategies aimed at improving public administration.
- The Monitoring Team monitors and reports on the operation of powers conferred on the Western Australia Police under legislation and undertakes inspections of telecommunications interception records.
- The Reviews Team reviews certain child deaths and family and domestic violence fatalities, identifies patterns and trends arising from these reviews and makes recommendations to relevant public authorities to prevent or reduce these deaths.
- The Investigations Team handles the investigation of complaints and the Legal Services Team provides legal services across the Office.
- The Energy and Water Team has responsibility for handling enquiries and receiving, investigating and resolving complaints about electricity, gas and water services providers.
- The Executive Services Team supports the Office in strengthening its strategic focus, corporate communications, governance and business services.