It's OK to complain
We're here to help

What can you complain about?

  • Are you unhappy about the way you have been treated?
  • Have they made a mistake and won’t fix it?
  • Are you feeling unsafe and they won’t listen?

We may be able to help.

Who can you complain about?

  • Public schools, TAFE and universities
  • Child protection
  • Local councils (City, Town or Shire)
  • Public housing
  • Public hospitals
  • Other State Government agencies

How do we help?

  • Our service is free and confidential.
  • The Ombudsman is a person who has a special role to receive and resolve complaints. It’s important to tell someone about your problem so something can be done. 
  • We will listen to you. We are independent and we don’t take sides.
  • We can investigate, and if we find the agency has made a mistake or done the wrong thing, we can ask them to fix it or recommend changes.
  • Don’t worry – even if we can’t help, we’ll help you find the right place.